Fast node selecting freezes editor

photo

I ve expanded layer node and start to press down button fast to quickly go through nodes (my goal was to visually check, if all nodes are in area of WL node, I didnt have any other idea how to do it). It does several switches (10-30) and editor freezes. It happens always (editor 2.8).

list.JPG

Edited by demostenes
4 hours ago, morbid said:

Do I need just to press the "Down" button in the hierarchy?

Yes, in layer node. Try our project, it is probably connected to number of nodes...I did this in esqworld_mc.world

Edited by demostenes

Ok, thanks. Btw, is there any other way how to find out, which meshes are out of wl node boundaries? It happens quite often, there is some forgotten mesh at the other side of world, so default wl node size is huge. And it is problematic to find which one. I didnt came with anything better i did in this case.

Edited by demostenes

I'm afraid there's no other way to check nodes position inside a world layer. Probably you can select all child nodes to see the resulting bound box and deselect them with SHIFT + Arrow. I thought it could be faster a little bit.

We also see that you're using a lot of similar nodes. Have you thought about clusterizing them into MeshClusters? You'll get better performance and easier control over them.

Thanks.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

4 hours ago, morbid said:

I'm afraid there's no other way to check nodes position inside a world layer. Probably you can select all child nodes to see the resulting bound box and deselect them with SHIFT + Arrow. I thought it could be faster a little bit.

We also see that you're using a lot of similar nodes. Have you thought about clusterizing them into MeshClusters? You'll get better performance and easier control over them.

Thanks.

I will try, thanks.

yes, we will definitelly optimize, merge meshes (typical house is made from hundreds of nodes, after optimization it is one mesh with several surfaces and texture atlas for highest lod - this is reason why i asked about that fbx export with textures in other topic), use mesh clusters etc.., but now it is too early. Scenes must be finished (we are waiting for new terrain, we want to do big facelift), and this will cause changes into existing scenes. So for now we keep everything not merged, it is easier to modify. So what you see is definitelly not meant for production use.

Edited by demostenes