Share your feedback about UNIGINE

photo

Dear customers,

We really need your feedback on working with UNIGINE. It helps us move forward and make our technology better meeting your high requirements.

We would like more people to learn about our technology and choose it for their innovative developments. Therefore, we have added UNIGINE to several software catalogues. We appreciate your opinion and your expertise might be useful for other people. Please, leave a review and help make the UNIGINE community wider.

How to do it:

1. Choose the catalogue you like. Here is a list:
  2. Sign in via Linkedin
  3. Answer several questions
  4. Submit

Thank you!

• Like 2
  • morbid pinned this topic
  • 7 months later...

We would appreciate you feedback a lot. If you like UNIGINE - please vote on the sites from the list above or share info on your experience with friends.

• Like 1

Did the first two to help, but boy these sites are terribly needy and hungry for useless information with nothing to give back. Who checks these sites, who trusts the info there?

• Like 1

Thank you so much! Unfortunately people search for "%PRODUCT% review" and these horrible sites have very high ranks :(

Maybe it would be good idea to prepare some "epic" cinematic demo like Book of the dead, Heretic, Megacity....In your case it could be some flying/space/scifi short movie to demonstrate capabilities of engine, show new planet, etc...These things are very often going viral and you can build lot of content around it. Write tons of articles how it was done, how you prepared assets, optimized and tuned scenes, provide content from this demo in asset store for free, offer this as new benchmark....I think it really works, it is not without reason why for example Unity is doing this.

When we were searching for better engine long time ago (2011?), it was Valley demo preview which caught our attention, not reviews on some wierd sites.

Edited by demostenes
  • Like 4
9 hours ago, demostenes said:

Maybe it would be good idea to prepare some "epic" cinematic demo like Book of the dead, Heretic, Megacity....In your case it could be some flying/space/scifi short movie to demonstrate capabilities of engine, show new planet, etc...These things are very often going viral and you can build lot of content around it. Write tons of articles how it was done, how you prepared assets, optimized and tuned scenes, provide content from this demo in asset store for free, offer this as new benchmark....I think it really works, it is not without reason why for example Unity is doing this.

When we were searching for better engine long time ago (2011?), it was Valley demo preview which caught our attention, not reviews on some wierd sites.

I totally agree on demos, but it takes more time.

We are working on standalone releases for Oil Refinery, Fox Hole and Mars demos - I think this will help to promote the technology.

• Like 5

Unigine seems very intuitive. In just one week I learned many things:
I created a landscape with clouds, sky, water and a car with unions.
I am implementing the programming for the car.

The visual effects seem to me excellent:
the lights with their rays, tha water with his caustic, foam, coast line and reflections and refractions.

These days will make a video of what I have managed to do in just one week.

I've seen some demos and examples, and I look very illustrative.
The documentation seems very good to me.

I wish there was a demo of a car created in the editor and programmed only part of the keyboard that is what I'm doing from scratch.

Thank you.

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

Hi All, I've been developing games using UE4 (C++) and Unity (C#) for the past five years and to be honest I have been dissatisfied with both engines for a number of different reasons. Fore the past couple of months I have been searching for another games engine.  I was watching GamefromScratch youtube channel and he previewed Unigine Engine. I installed it a few days ago and I was completely blown away by it. The graphics in my opinion are better than the other engines I was using. The IDE is nothing short of a really professional working environment and I can easily find things without having to go to the docs. Except for defaulting to a world. Is there any reason there can't be a config section where you default to a game world instead of having to use a console command. This is not a deal breaker as the rest of the IDE is fantastic. I love having the choice of C++ and C#, my preference is C# and the whole structure of the engine is great. The way the engine implements threading is so easy. Using Unigine is a joy to use and I have uninstalled the other two and my focus is now 100% on this engine. I do a lot of VR develop and the visual on Unigine are amazing so much better than anything else i have used. The documentation is great and the videos are good as well just need a few more. Once I get up to speed I am going to put a tutorial on Udemy to give this engine more traction and get it to a wider audience it really deserves it. Well done to everyone at Unigine you have created an absolutely amazing engine. 

• Like 3
  • 3 months later...

The Unigine ide is the best I have seen in years, quite stable, fast and easy to use. I know that the visual shader editor is on its way to 2.14, it is the only missing piece to be considered the best engine so far...

The vehicle physics is the most stable and easiest to implement that I've ever used, I had nightmares trying to make a simple vehicle work on Unity and I never got a satisfactory result also I'm using Unigine on Ubuntu 20.04 and the performance is wonderful (much better than Windows 10 and I don't know why? Opengl optimized?).

Thanks.

• 5 weeks later...

I think this is one the simplest, best and very intuitive game engine i have ever used . my only complaint is . the community edition of the engine is crippled with disabilities hidden under a very costly price. How do you expect the community to grow when you disable the community version with the ONLY feature that sets you apart from other game engines?! Its really sad and disappointing . You guys are just killing yourself i guess. It would be a shame that such an engine is laid to waste and not used extensively while other bloatware engines are all marketing their ass off!! 

• 1 month later...

This is the best game engine for Linux! Thanks for supporting it. Waiting for Vulkan, and maybe more platforms.

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
On 12/22/2020 at 3:21 PM, leonardo.antunes said:

This is the best game engine for Linux! Thanks for supporting it. Waiting for Vulkan, and maybe more platforms.

For Linux or Windows agreed. However I am worried that the Vulkan implementation will take too long and kneecap our release. Open GL is not an option for us because it lacks the visual quality we need. More platforms means more market and Vulkan would be a great step towards opening the UNIGINE market.

• Like 1