[SOLVED] Build materials and data

photo

Some beginners questions

- there is any way to migrate the materials from a project to another. I.e. I want to reuse some materials of the oil refinery demo project in another one

- as far as I understood there is no material node editor (planned for future releases), so I suppose I need to use external editors (i.e. testing Quixel Mixer) for any change / new material creation correct?

- I want to build my project to an exe, how choose I which .world will be used in the process (created more than one in the project) 

- Its possibile to import data in CSV format

Edited by davide445

Hi Davide,

1. You can copy materials and textures with meta files. In the future updates, we'll add a tool that creates packages for easier content transfer.
  2. Have you checked our materials tutorial and materials sample? The video is here: https://developer.unigine.com/en/docs/2.7.3/videotutorials/essentials/materials Sample can be found in SDK Browser -> Samples -> Demos -> Samples (I mean the downloadable demo)
  3. The simplest way to load a world is adding the external argument to your .exe: -console_command "world_load your_world_name". You also can do it with API https://developer.unigine.com/en/docs/2.7.3/start/programmer/worlds
  4. Can you be more specific? What CSV you want to import?

Thanks.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

About the CSV thinking about the other thread some of the data can be

Mesh n - surface (float number) - volume

And also

Mesh n - tag 1 - tag 2 -.... 

Where tag can be "window" or "first floor" etc

• 2 months later...

Returning on the topic, attached a simple example of input file.

The goal is to load it and drive the appearance or disappearance of two different boxes (pre-created as primitives in the editor as box and box2) at a specific time (in seconds in the columns)  using the simple "x" as control for being visible or not.

To start doing this in UnigineScript I need to be able to read a csv file, something I didn't find in the documentation. Can you push me on the right direction?

Thanks

Timelapse_creator.csv

Edited by davide445

Davide,

The thing is you'll have to interpret custom csv file manually. It could be a UNIGINE based application that will read your format and transmit input data into API Calls. Otherwise, you can do it from tracker tool.

If you want to optimize somehow the workflow you can generate track files manually, it's simple xml, just check the file in any text editor.

Thanks.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: