Decal in reference node sometimes does not work

photo

I have mesh decals, everything works OK. I put mesh decal into reference node and it disappears. Or it works and when I edit (edit/cancel/apply) node, it disappears. It seems random, sometimes 3x nothing happens and sometimes it appears/disappears instantly.

You can try it in latest revision in data\esqworld\test.world, I ve put dummy node jump_here (at the bottom of node list), there are two decals, one in node (node Decal_SM_DCBroachA will be probably not visible after scene load) and one as decal (DecalMesh).

It would be also good to add some decal visualisation into asset browser. Now we have tons of decals and it is impossible to guess just from name, what it is. Also some placing visualisation in editor (render wireframe of decal mesh, or some projector dummy object, or maybe the best would always render mesh decal even without intersection with object?) would be handy, becase it is very hard to place decal, which you need to rotate it to proper angle until it appears. For decals prepared for terrain this is easy, you always see it, but try to put something on wall....(there are tons of decals in data\asset_library\kits\rome2, you can try it).

Edited by demostenes

Hi @demostenes,

this is the same bug you described earlier: https://developer.unigine.com/forum/topic/5083-decal-road-artefacts/

Fix will be available in the December update.

14 hours ago, demostenes said:

It would be also good to add some decal visualisation into asset browser.

Yes, I understand such need. We have this task in our queue, but right now it's low-prioritized. I'll update the ticket.

Thank you.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

7 hours ago, morbid said:

Yes, I understand such need. We have this task in our queue, but right now it's low-prioritized. I'll update the ticket.

Great, thanks, thats good news! I had feeling it could be connected, but I reported anyway just to be sure.

Maybe the most simple solution would be to render such decal mesh as standard mesh (anything visible would be enough) and switch to "decal mode" when intersect...

Edited by demostenes