Burn-out in scenes

photo

Greetings,

On setting up the Unigine environment and opening the Heaven world, parts of the scene look burned-out like in the attached image. Tried playing with render settings like HDR and post processing, but didn't help. Turning off the Sun didn't help either.

When creating a new world and a new mesh is added (material mesh_base) it grows brighter and brighter over time till it becomes pure white.

We tried OpenGL/D3D9/D3D10 but without luck.

I'm on ATI Radeon HD 5600 with the latest drivers.

Thanks,

Ashwin.

[Edit: Attached log.html]

post-225-0-77004900-1305624089_thumb.png

log.html

When creating a new world and a new mesh is added (material mesh_base) it grows brighter and brighter over time till it becomes pure white.

It is simply HDR that is not set up properly. In a new world you have a black background and HDR is trying to compensate for it with over-glowing white. It is better to disable HDR for a start.

To avoid HDR over-glowing, you need to increase Render settings -> HDR tab -> Min luminance.

You can also take a look at Setup HDR part of the Adding Sun, Sky and Clouds tutorial.

<facepalm> Ah yes, how could I have missed that! Thanks @manguste :)

Also, this reminds me of the days of yore when D3D had backface culling ON and I was left wondering where my first triangle had gone :S

@dai.yuqi how would sRGB help?

<facepalm> Ah yes, how could I have missed that! Thanks @manguste :)

Also, this reminds me of the days of yore when D3D had backface culling ON and I was left wondering where my first triangle had gone :S

@dai.yuqi how would sRGB help?

not use srgb

post-289-0-13670600-1306034343_thumb.jpg

use srgb

post-289-0-83653500-1306034386_thumb.jpg

post-289-0-98500900-1306034412_thumb.jpg