Support for all-in-one Mobile like headsets

photo

Like the Quest or Windows Mixed Reality headsets.  Sure the quality of the GPU will not be as high and optimization would need to be done by the artist, large worlds may not be possible, but simple engaging projects could be possible.

Is there a way to deploy on such platforms currently?

Hi Trey,

Most of the popular HMDs works through the OpenVR (AppVive in our SDK), so it worth the chance to try it first. Even Oculus can work through AppVive without any major issues (however, Oculus Runtime should be installed on the target PC). Issues can be related to the spherical projected screens (like StarVR), due to the OpenVR limitations.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

8 hours ago, silent said:

Hi Trey,

Most of the popular HMDs works through the OpenVR (AppVive in our SDK), so it worth the chance to try it first. Even Oculus can work through AppVive without any major issues (however, Oculus Runtime should be installed on the target PC). Issues can be related to the spherical projected screens (like StarVR), due to the OpenVR limitations.

Thanks!

@silent how does one hook up a HMD that is based on a mobile platform like the Quest or other ALL-IN-ONE units to a PC as you mention.  I'm guessing that is not possible. But what you say is other units that do hook up to a PC will most likely use the openVR platform and work with the VIVE plugin?

Just now, silent said:

Hi Trey,

We currently support only x86-64 PC architecure, so it's not possible to run Unigine on Oculus Quest or any other mobile device (they are mostly running Android), sorry.

Thats what I thought, I was told to double check.  Thanks.