Refraction

photo

Hi Werner,

Could you please give us some additional information - what kind of effect you are trying to achieve?

Refraction slider in post-processing is affecting only mesh_base material now - we will update documentation ASAP. Water has it's own refraction parameter now - you can control it in material settings.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

ah, I saw, that these refraction colors are affected by the transparency. Thats quite cool.

Idea for the decals would be, to distort the r,g,b, channels, so I could fake the splitting of the light moving through the glass and hitting the ground.

But I guess that needs a bit more thinking as it is dependent by the lights positions.

Hmm was just thinking loud. ;)

Capture_distort.JPG

Edited by werner.poetzelberger

Hi Werner,

The issue here is how decal object works. It writes data directly into the GBuffers so you can't really have a lot of control here. I don't think that we will have this option available in decal material.

Probably, you can try to write a custom shader for this effect (maybe a modify existing decal object - if it will work) on your side :) 

Btw, do you need a refraction distortion on a Water object? I believe that we can return this option back in the next releases. However, if it's not required we will focus on other things on our roadmap.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

We dont need refraction distortion for Water for this next project. (didnt know that this disappeared).

Yes, we will look into custom shaders.

Thx.