Landscape Tool - Generate Button not active

photo

I've followed best I can the video found on YouTube about terrain gerneration here:  

However, I can never get the Generate Button to be active.  What could be holding this up?  I have paths, tif heightmap, albedo layer etc...

Hi Trey!

Perhaps you did not open any world in the UnigineEditor before trying to generate a terrain, as the Landscape Tool requires a world to be opened to add a new generated terrain to it.

Hope this solves your issue, if not, could you please specify the sequence of actions that you perform prior to trying to click the Generate button.

Thanks!

9 hours ago, fox said:

Hi Trey!

Perhaps you did not open any world in the UnigineEditor before trying to generate a terrain, as the Landscape Tool requires a world to be opened to add a new generated terrain to it.

Hope this solves your issue, if not, could you please specify the sequence of actions that you perform prior to trying to click the Generate button.

Thanks!

It was either that or the fact that I had not added the Arbitrary Terrain Add-On.  But now I see the generate button active!  My first effort froze during generation about 50% but I will try again today with some new files....

Thanks!

10 hours ago, fox said:

Hi Trey!

Thanks!

ok I'm getting my terrain/landscape to generate but the albedo texture and maybe the heightmap (can't tell for sure) is getting flipped/mirrored.  When I fly up above the terrain it's not what I imported from my saved file.  I'm just using one single heightmap and albedo texture, have tried different combinations of left->right top->bottom thinking that may have caused something wierd.

Thoughts?

47 minutes ago, morbid said:

Hi,

this is a known issue that currently could be handled by texture flipping in raster editor.

Thanks!

Known issue is good to know, that way it can be fixed. I'll look at the work around for now.  Thanks.