Mass import

photo

When importing more fbx at once, there is missing import dialog with settings. So after import I have to change settings on all files and reimport, delete unwanted materials, etc...So extra work without any reason. 

Jirka,

Mass import without import dialog it's expected behavior, I'm afraid. With multiple import of assets (like FBX / 3ds / textures and so on) you will have tons of different options that you need to configure (even without seeing the assets itself) - it can be tough and most of the time you will always do a reimport after.

The same story with 'unwanted' materials, because we can't automatically delete material (it can be used somewhere else or can be updated via code). It's better to do it with a special tool (that's for now is still in development) - dependency walker (or dependency viewer) that will show that some assets are not used at all and probably can be deleted.

But right now - yes, you will have to delete some materials manually.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Btw, I dont understand one thing. When i import fbx and insert into scene, it is neted in dummy node with  x rotion 90 and mesh itself have x rotation 180. Why is this happening? I would expect no dummy nodes, so just having mesh itself and no rotation modification. I was trying to change xyz axis parametres in import dialog, but is seems it has no effect on this.

Edited by demostenes

When i import fbx and insert into scene, it is neted in dummy node with  x rotion 90 and mesh itself have x rotation 180.

That's a bug that we plan to fix. Rotation should be applied to mesh so it's forward direction will match the engine coordinate system (+Y) and it the same time default transform should be all 0.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

1 hour ago, silent said:

That's a bug that we plan to fix. Rotation should be applied to mesh so it's forward direction will match the engine coordinate system (+Y) and it the same time default transform should be all 0.

Ok please asap, manual correction eats LOTs of effort. Currently I am using export to mesh to fix this (so put fbx into scene, put on 0,0,0, export to mesh, rename exported file to proper name and put to scene again and create node layer). And I have to do it for 300 meshes :/

Edited by demostenes