Mass Placement of Objects

photo

New to Unigine, so forgive me if this is simple.  Can someone point me to documentation or what I should look into for placing mass amounts of trees/vegitation in ArchViz surroundings?  Also will use this technique to place CARS if I can somehow orient them with the placement data.

In my old system I would "spray" points and attach a series of trees that would randomly be spawn onto those points at differing amounts of %.  With cars I could place a simple box that was shorter on one end (so I could use that for ORIENTATION).

Anyone with thoughts on how these two things can be replicated so to speak in Unigine?  Thanks.

Along these lines I will also be looking for a way to randomly adjust textures.  For cars it's very important.  Would be great to be able to add several materials into a bin that could be used for the car paint etc...

Hi
Which software did you use for this?
If you want to randomize some objects in the world, you can use tools ->  randomizer.
And If you want to place a lot of objects on any area you can use object clutter.

47 minutes ago, cryunreal said:

Hi
Which software did you use for this?
If you want to randomize some objects in the world, you can use tools ->  randomizer.
And If you want to place a lot of objects on any area you can use object clutter.

Yea so there are several things we used Instances that were randomly placed etc.  We used Lightwave BTW.

Cars in a parking lot.  So those need to be aligned, we used a rectangle that was shorter on one end, so we could tell the software to align to edge.

Trees in a forest/surrounding, we would place several different object into the placement plugin and it would randomly put trees on the POINTS we had sprayed in the world.  This I think can be done in a way with Unigine as you mention.

We had a way to randomly adjust the color/diffuse value of a texture so we could have one tree look like many other variations.  On the cars the randomizer would randomly choose from a gradient texture to randomize the color of the car paint.

Would be great to have some of these options in Unigine...