Rotorwash on water

photo

Hello,

I'm trying to implement a rotor wash effect on water, like here:

Image associée

The vapor effect is quite "easy" to fake with particles, but I can't find a way to simulate the waves/ripples effect. I'm not trying to have the 3d effect, but rather the "water blown away" with strong ripples.

As far as I can tell, the particle_base material can't project ("decal") onto the water. So how should I do that?

Thanks.

Indeed, a "Decal" object can project onto the water, but not the particles. This mean I would need to reimplement a small particles management in code, animating the Decals.

If this is currently the only solution, I would suggest for future evolution to enable "project on water" for basic particles. Or adding "Decal particles" type to the list of emitted particles.

Thanks !

Hi, I've read ship.h and others sources from this demo, and I still can't understand the trailing foam effect is done. I understand what you meant, I just couldn't find in the code how it's done (more documentation in code would be a nice touch, though, also explaining the relation with all the parameters set in the editor)

Thanks for your support