[SOLVED] Assembling Project

photo

Greetings everyone,

So at the moment, I am using the Engineering Evaluation Kit - seeing if Unigine would be good for my project.

I am looking at creating a proof of concept, sending the build (release) to some youtubers to see if I can get them to post a video on their channel to get some attention for a kickstarter campaign.

However, when I try Assembling the project, well the output kinda confuses me. I followed the steps found here: https://developer.unigine.com/en/docs/2.7/sdk/projects/#assemble

So there is a .bat file, you run that and the world shows up and loads a level, but nothing I coded is showing up.
if you run the .exe file in the bin folder, it just shows a black screen...
When I go to send it to someone (future reference) what would I send? the whole folder? the bin folder?

All items in the scene are going to be spawned by code.

so recap: code works when I hit build without debugging in Visual Studio, however, does not work when I assemble the project.

Thanks

Okay - note to self: build in "release" mode inside visual studio - THEN assemble.

So, still four questions:

1) how to hide/remove the command prompt from the distribute?
2) What is the purpose of the .exe in the bin folder, if you need to run the .bat to load the level and everything else?
3) what is actually needed from the assembled project to distribute?
4) both the .bat and .exe won't run IF I do not have the SDK up in the background - since I am trying to make a game - well is this issue due to having a trial version (I am guessing yes, to prevent the sell of products made during trial)? or will players need the SDK/Engine to play - making it prohibitively expensive...

Thanks.

Hi Mark,

1 hour ago, mark.pizzolatto said:

4) both the .bat and .exe won't run IF I do not have the SDK up in the background - since I am trying to make a game - well is this issue due to having a trial version (I am guessing yes, to prevent the sell of products made during trial)? or will players need the SDK/Engine to play - making it prohibitively expensive...

You can't redistribute projects that was made with Evaluation kit. This limitation is only applied to the Evaluation SDK. With valid customer license SDK Browser is not required to be launched together with release builds (however, it's still required for the development and debug).

1) how to hide/remove the command prompt from the distribute?

What do you mean by command prompt? Engine console or windows console? In case of engine console (~) you can disable it by calling Console::setLock(1). To hide windows console you can modify it's sources: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2139637/hide-console-of-windows-application

2) What is the purpose of the .exe in the bin folder, if you need to run the .bat to load the level and everything else?

.bat file is launching that .exe in bin folder. You can remove .bat file and hardcode all the parameters into the main application.

3) what is actually needed from the assembled project to distribute?

Depends on what you need to distribute. By default assemble project will remove editor and debug builds and replace development engine to release one. So most of the work is already done automatically.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Hi Silent,

Thank you for the information!

For 3) I mean the folders - so do you need to distribute ONLY the items in the bin folder OR both the bin and data, etc...

Thanks

• silent changed the title to [SOLVED] Assembling Project