Node move issue

photo

Moving node in one axis also moves it in other one:

It seems like minor issue, but it prevents quick world building, you have to correct it all the time.

Hi, i am ESQ level designer.

the problem is simple and persistentWhen you move the model along the axis, it moves slightly along the other axis.

Repairing such a problem consumes a great deal of time because when you fix the problem on A axis, it will move on the B axis at and so on.

1) some models do it, some do not ( on video it is "Foundation_WallTall_Straight_mdl.node" )

2) depending on the rotation of the model. Some will stop doing it when you cancel the rotation ( some not )

3) Depending on the complexity of the scene.  Typically in open world where are lower FPS, problem appears often. In simple scenes like in empty world or dungeon,where are higher FPS this problem appears less often or not at all.

If you need any further information write me here or email Zbynek.Juracka@gmail.com. This is probably the biggest problem for me as a builder.

Got it, thanks for detailed explanation.

This bug was reproduced, obviously, it's a critical issue. Will be fixed in 2.7.1.

In some cases changing coordinates to Local can reduce the accumulation of error. But currently, there's no workaround except switching to double precision.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I do not know whether it has relevanci with the previous problem. but rotation does not work exactly. As you can see in the pictures. When the rotation is 90 degrees in the scene. It's different in hierarchy.

It looks like a small problem, but when you build a larger object from smaller models, it does not fit and it is visible. Then you need to resolve the rotation of each model and manually correct it.

Additionally, if you forget about this error and move objects along the local axis, the inaccuracies multiply.

Bez názvu.jpg

Bez názvu2.jpg

Bez názvu3.jpg

Bez názvu4.jpg

Hi,

we have some problems with snapping and rotation in float precision. We've fixed the big issue with transform described in this topic, but this one requires more time. Will try to deal with it in the future releases.

Anyway, in 2.7.1 coordinates work much better in float precision, so moving object with changed rotation shouldn't cause a lot of problems.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: