Missing references for textures in created TextureObject

photo

Hi,

I just submit post (where you can get more details about problem):

At the moment there is a BUG in TerrainObject:

Editor2 works only with assets folder (you can't just use "data" folder because the terrain textures will be not connected with them and asset browser displays only a asset folder data so it is no possible to connect textures from "data" folder to TerrainObject) 

but

when you create TextureObject in asset folder it's create texture files in asset folder (and after it it copies them into data folder) but it don't link them into TextureObject. Created TextureObject misses references to created files. But you can manually connect them via Editor2. This fails at least for Layer textures arrays like Albedo Array, Normal Array and Height Array. Other textures are displayed at red color, but I am not sure if they are works correct or not. 

And it works slowly because of asset folder (there should be linked assets from data folder but it shouldn't be duplicated both in asset and data folder). 

Thanks

Edited by Klimczak.Jan
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Klimczak.Jan,

Currently Terrain Object has limited integration with asset system, and even though Editor 2 works with assets folder, all terrain data(including all images) should be stored in "data" folder. As a workaround, you can assign textures to terrain object by setting relative paths to "data" in texture's text boxes(ex. terrain/t), ignoring red highlights. 

We are aware of this issues, and currently working on improving integration of Terrain Global Object into asset system, so if it's possible, it's better to use Terrain Global Object instead of Terrain Object

Is there anything else i can help you with?