Reimport of assets

photo

Somehow I cant get the reimport functionality to work.

Eg. Reimporting a texture, doesnt seem to import the asset from the origin location.

Am I doing something wrong in this case?

Its pretty annoying as I need to delete the old texture, import the texture again and then assign the texture again.

?

Best. Werner

Edited by werner.poetzelberger
  • werner.poetzelberger changed the title to Reimport of assets

hmm i think, that I dont got the idea right.

I thought, that the reimprt functionality will import the file from the original location.

In fact it is reimporting from the assets folder.

Is this correct?

thx.

werner

Hello, Werner.

Thanks for feedback!

Editor doesn't "know" where is the original file being stored. It works only with assets folder. 

Just two points I'd like to mention:

• Assets folder contains source files + .asset files, that keep metada for your runtimes. E.g. compression type for texture or some fbx import parameters.
  • Data folder (usually it's better to keep it untouched) contain runtimes. When you use reimport button you're able to change some import paramters and this will affecrt files id data folder

Was it helpful? If you need more assistance on this feel free to ask.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Right.

So the workflow is, to copy the files (or even store) the files in the asset folder, from which they are beeing reloaded/imported.

It s abit of a change to the previous concept, so I need to get use to it.

On 10.02.2018 at 7:50 PM, werner.poetzelberger said:

So the workflow is, to copy the files (or even store) the files in the asset folder, from which they are beeing reloaded/imported.

Right, that's the workflow for Editor 2. You also may want to check our documentation on assets system

Of course you're welcome to ask questions!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: