CDB Source Data

photo

Hello to everyone,

i'm investigating for the company that i work with the potentialities of Unigine for flight simulators

We currently work with a variety of image generators (such as CAE Medallion and Presagis VegaPrime) and all our visual databases are based on the CDB format.

SInce we have all the source data needed to set up a CDB Database, i wonder which tools should i need in order to generate Unigine compatible Worlds starting from:

_ DTED elevation datas

_ Satellite imagery

_ Openflight 3D models

_ Shapefiles for road networks

_ Shapefiles for 3D models extrusion

Thanks in advance

Hi Marco,

_ DTED elevation datas

_ Satellite imagery

Under the hood our Landscape tool is using GDAL, so basically we do have almost all supported formats that GDAL can handle out of the box (without extensions), such as GeoTiff, ECW and so on.

_ Shapefiles for road networks

The only supported vector format is now ESRI Shapefile (*.shp).

_ Shapefiles for 3D models extrusion

Currently, we don't offer out of the box cities generation algorithm. In that case, I'm afraid you will have to create some additional plugin that will be capable of 3D models generation on fly. You can use *.shp format for automatic placement of predefined objects (like buildings, fences, power lines). In that vector file you need just specify either the line (for the automatical placement of power lines) or point and direction (smaller line) to place a building and rotate it (I've attached example of such shapefile into this post).

_ Openflight 3D models

Currently for the new Editor2 there is no such functionality available. Our regular formats are: FBX, Collada, OBJ and 3DS. Using the Editor 1 you can write the OpenFlight import plugin and maybe even modify it (but you need to have the OpenFlight C++ plugin sources that are not available in the Evaluation kit) to batch processing of OpenFlight models.

Thanks!

map_sample.tif

houses.shp

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: