Per instance parameters (properties and materials)

photo

Hi,
In new editor I can't find the way to specify per instance parameters for properties and materials. In the .node file, these parameters were stored as follows:

<node type="NodeLayer" id="1877567429" handled="0" name="layer_building_arrecife" property="cgs_building_arrecife">
		<layer>guid://3d26f5abfa9536fdfda15d25830dcc1213be9dfb</layer>
		<property>
			<parameter name="floors">5</parameter>
		</property>
		<transform>1 0 0 0.0 0 1 0 0.0 0 0 1 0.0 0 0 0 1.0</transform>
	</node>

Can you tell me how can I perform this operation in user interface?

Thanks.

Hi Ivan,

There is no more per instance materials parameters available (you have to explicitly create or inherit new material to be able to modify its settings). We removed them due to performance issues. Note that you still can modify material's parameters via code as you done this before. 

Properties per instance will be available within next SDK update (by the end of this year).

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

• 4 years later...

While researching Unigine I couldn't find any info regarding "per instance properties" equivalent of Unity's MaterialPropertyBlock. Is such feature supported? Can multiple objects with the same material, but different properties, be rendered in one draw call? If materials have to be created or inherited, doesn't that mean that to draw 1000 objects with the same material, but different color, is to generate 1000 draw calls? I am thinking about migration from Unity and such feature is critical.