Using Vive Trackers with Unigine in c++

photo

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck integrating the Vive trackers into Unigine. from what i can tell the SDK doesn't currently support it out of the box, and i'm not entirely sure how best to approach it.

My original plan was to import the OpenVR library, and use that, however, it looks like Unigine's Builtin VR Implementation is disagreeing with it.

Thanks in advance for any assistance or insight.

Hi Lukas,

OpenVR is already used internally for AppVive plugin. AppVive API is not exposed into C++ / C#, but you can use UnigineScript API to find out which devices are currently in use and detected properly: https://developer.unigine.com/en/docs/2.5/api/library/plugins/engine.vive

You can modify already existing AppVive sample: <SDK>/data/samples/plugins/app_vive_00.cpp

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Just checked AppVive plugin sources. It seems that you need to have access to the TrackedDeviceClass_GenericTracker structure, which is currently is not exposed into our AppVive API.

We will try to add it to the next SDK update.

Please, sorry for the inconvenience caused.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Thanks for that, Silent, 

Is there anywhere that I can view a Schedule/Road-Map for future SDK update releases?

I notice that a number of other engines do this, and it helps developers plan their support and updates around them.

Thanks in advance, 

Lukas

• 2 weeks later...

Hi There, Sorry to Necro-Post,

That release plan doesn't give any kind of timeframe, and makes it hard to determine whether or not the feature will be implemented within our project timeline. 

Could you possibly point me in the right direction for how to implement access to the generic tracker structure, or is that beyond the scope of;

A) the evaluation period, or

B) the engine itself.

I await your reply.