sampling problem of Animation texture with NVidia GTX560

photo

Hi,Unigine.

We have [NVidia GTX560 Ti] graphic cards and there are some problems with objectParticle's texture sampling on that cards.

1. Using animation(volume texture) option cannot sample colors with 2D texture.

2. Without using animation option, volume texture doesn't shown up. even the volume texture has a color map on first frame.

3. This is critical. with the animation option, sampling of refraction texture does not work correctly. refraction shows like the normal map has all same color(black or white, not sure).

I have no idea what is the reason exactly. but this problem does not happened with the other graphic cards.

please look at the attached pictures.

post-52-0-60415300-1301574852_thumb.jpg

post-52-0-81036900-1301574862_thumb.jpg

I think diffuse texture animation ALWAYS requires bound 3D texture (because that is what shader expects)

I think diffuse texture animation ALWAYS requires bound 3D texture (because that is what shader expects)

Actually it's not. till now at least. if tex2D()-function uses a volume texture, it sample the first frame of the volume texture. and tex3D() can sample 2D texture & 3D texture both.

The real problem is we cannot use the animation option with the refraction pass.

Maybe it is driver bug of GTX560, I guess.

Hi,Unigine.

We have [NVidia GTX560 Ti] graphic cards and there are some problems with objectParticle's texture sampling on that cards.

2. Without using animation option, volume texture doesn't shown up. even the volume texture has a color map on first frame.

3. This is critical. with the animation option, sampling of refraction texture does not work correctly. refraction shows like the normal map has all same color(black or white, not sure).

I have no idea what is the reason exactly. but this problem does not happened with the other graphic cards.

please look at the attached pictures.

I found out the 3rd problem is the same problem to 1 or 2 at all. the reason was checking the animation option and using 2D texture for refraction pass at the same time.

tex3D() & tex2D() functions cannot be compatible with the other texture type for each.