Missing dynamic reflections on water in Unigine 2.4

photo

Hello,

I'm missing dynamic reflections on a water_global material in Unigine 2.4.

Planar reflections are switched on in the material Settings and dynamic reflections are switched on in the 'Rendering Features' Settings.

In Unigine 2.3.1 the reflections are working as expected.

The problem is easy to reproduce with an empty scene created by the sdk browser (that is what I did in order to produce this screenshot

post-990-0-76347200-1487168878_thumb.png

)

I have set the reflection map size to 128x128, it seems that in Unigine 2.4 nothing is rendered into CurrentScreen/CurrentDepth textures belonging to the reflection map whereas in Unigine 2.3 the material ball appears in those textures.

Is this a bug or are there any new masks in 2.4 I have not configured properly ?

Thank you and cheers

Helmut 

Helmut,

Thank you for the detailed info. Planar reflections on ObjectWaterGlobal are currently slightly broken.

We will try to fix this in 2.4.1, but there is a small chance to do it.

There is a one workaround for SIM SDKs (but it will cost you 20-30% fps): add ObjectWaterGlobal and other objects as a children to Geodetic Pivot node. Objects position will be changed, but planar reflections should work.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Silent,

Is it possible to look into the issue of the reflection of the Sky-Clouds (old system).

When this is reflected onto the water surface and distorted by waves, you can see the seams, where the reflection of the clouds ends.

This is not visible, without waves (or smaller waves) as well it depends on a certain kind of viewing angle into the water surface.

It seems as the sky is only reflected in a very small area, which is matched too the frustum, then distorted by the waves.

As the distortion is too big, the reflection borders are visible.

I once mentioned that (still for an older Unigine Version).

Will this be fixed for the reflection of the new cloud system?

Unfortunately there is this massive bug of the no Reflection. Otherwise I would try the 2.4 Version.

post-767-0-03384700-1487943378_thumb.jpg