Scene rendering occasionally fails in release mode while no problem in debug mode

photo

Dear Unigineius,

In my current assignment I'm working with Unigine and we're building a standalone C++ application. We now encounter a strange phenomenon.

We have a simulation of a small town in which we simulate traffic. This all goes well, but obviously simulating a lot of autonomous cars takes some performance. So there is a performance issue to deal with in this assignment. This is no problem as we simply need to watch the FPS and tune the performance and number of cars accordingly.

This all goes pretty well in debug mode. However, when we compile the application for release mode (we use CMake) there we encounter a problem.

The scene glitches. In the attachment are two screenshots of the scene. One showing the rendered scene and the other when the glitch occurs. In the latter one sees that the grass is still rendered, but the rest is not.

The point here is that this glitching increases with increased processing load, in our case when more cars are added. The strange thing is that this does not happen in debug mode.

As of now we don't have any clue where to look to solve this problem. Hope someone on this forum can help!

(I'm new to this forum and to Unigine, so please forgive me for any obvious mistakes ;-)

Fred.

post-2612-0-90213500-1486542413_thumb.png

post-2612-0-00137600-1486542427_thumb.png

Hi Fred,

I'm afraid without seeing the whole test scene - it's impossible to tell what is going on. Assuming that you have such artifacts only in release it may be somehow linked to the compiler optimizations. Maybe commenting code block by block eventually will point you to the right direction.

Also, please make sure that engine startup string is fully matches between debug / release build to be sure that you loaded correct world :)

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: