play animation of WorldTransformPath via Tracker

photo

Hi Amin,

Out of the box it's not possible.

You can modify data/core/systems/tracker/parameters/node.parameters and add following lines at the end of the file (before the </parameters> tag):

<!-- WorldTransformPath parameters -->
<parameter type="node.world.transformpath.play" track="toggle" object="WorldTransformPath">
	<set>if(VALUE) OBJECT.play(); else OBJECT.stop();</set>
	<get>VALUE = OBJECT.isPlaying();</get>
</parameter>	

You also can copy attached file to your data/core/systems/tracker/parameters folder (tested in 2.3.1 / 2.4 and worked just fine).

The new parameter added to the node -> world -> transformpath branch.

node.parameters

• 3 years later...

Hi,

how do you add the file node.parameters to data/core/systems/tracker/parameters folder ? It looks like the folder Core is lock I can't add file to it, I also tried to paste your file via the windows explorer but I don't find the Core folder in my project location.

Regards,

Ty for your answer,

How do you set key value for this parameter ? I watched the tutorial of the animated material ball but it looks like it's different with world transformpath.

I can't edit key, I can just create key but I don't have option to set the value as you can see in my screenshots, I would like to be able to animate the "time value". at frame 0 the time value is 0 and at frame 100 the time value of my world transform path would be at 100, that way when I move the slider of current time in tracker I would be able to see my animation. I would like to do it as well for an animated mesh ( Because I managed to link a camera to it thanks to this post 

)

Ty

TransformPath01.png

TransformPath02.png

Animation_Tracker2.png

play is a toggle parameter, so you need to double click on a key at the timeline to enable it. After that you will see the green line indicating that parameter is toggled on:

image.png

Duration between start and end should match the duration of transform animation in order to play without spikes.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Ok but I assume this won't allow me to play for exemple the animation backward or speed it, make a custome start, edit curves etc ? It's only "play the animation" or "pause it" and "play the animation where it was previously stoped" right ?
Also can I have this option for a mesh bone based animation ?

Yeah,

I assume this won't allow me to play for exemple the animation backward or speed it, make a custome start, edit curves etc ? It's only "play the animation" or "pause it" and "play the animation where it was previously stoped" right ?

You can't control the speed or other parameters of these objects via Tracker. If you have a programmer nearby to help with the project you can achieve all of that via simple scripts and control objects via API.

Also can I have this option for a mesh bone based animation ?

You can take a look into this post if you want to get more control for bone-based animations:

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: