Trial SDK, Editor issues (won't start for new projects, Plugins and Help menu items disabled)

photo

In Ubuntu 14.04, I have the following problems with the Editor, for both 2.3 trial and 2.4 beta: 

• Editor fails to launch for new projects:  sdk browser -> create new -> edit content  (it opens for a second and dies)  
  • Plugins and Help menu items are disabled

Also, I can't find the Landscape tool. It's not in Editor -> Windows -> Landscape . 

Any suggestions? 

post-2597-0-35531100-1485543146_thumb.png

Fixed/unblocked:   Launching with "./launch_editor.sh" works for new projects, shows the Landscape tool and Plugins/Help. It's just using the SDK Browser "edit content" that it does not.  

Okay to close this ticket as I'm unblocked. Still a far smaller issue with the browser. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay, I'm having the same related problems with 2.4 linux evaluation and now can't work-around them.

1. Editor `Plugins` and `Help` menu items are *disabled* via SDK browser -> Edit Content
  2. Editor `Plugins` and `Help` menu items are *enabled*  via `./launch_editor.sh`    BUT 
  3. `./launch_editor.sh` fails to start the Editor for "Copy As Project"  projects, whereas Browser -> Edit Content works (but have the menu items disabled). 

(1) and (3) are preventing me from actually editing the Traffic demo. 

Traffic Demo error: 

~/Documents/UNIGINE Projects/traffic$ ./launch_editor.sh
Unigine fatal error: Engine::system_init(): can't load "traffic/unigine.cpp" system script

launch_editor.sh

~/Documents/UNIGINE Projects/traffic$ cat ./launch_editor.sh 
<snip>
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$SCRIPT_DIR/bin:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
"$EDITOR"  -video_app auto -video_vsync 0 -video_refresh 0 -video_mode 1 -video_resizable 1 -video_fullscreen 0 -video_debug 0 -video_gamma 1.000000 -sound_app auto -data_path "../"  -engine_config "../data/traffic/unigine.cfg" -system_script "traffic/unigine.cpp" -extern_plugin "Collada,OpenFlight" -console_command "config_readonly 0 && world_load \"\"" 

Missing files? 

~/Documents/UNIGINE Projects/traffic$ ls 
assets  bin  data  launch_debug.sh  launch_editor.sh  launch_release.sh  source  traffic.project
~/Documents/UNIGINE Projects/traffic$ ls source/
AppEditorLogic.cpp  AppEditorLogic.h  AppSystemLogic.cpp  AppSystemLogic.h  AppWorldLogic.cpp  AppWorldLogic.h  Makefile  run  traffic.cpp

Hi,

Please, check that for the present moment, you are able to run your project with standard editor and with experimental Editor2.

It seems, that "Edit content" button in your case runs Editor2, where Plugins and Help are currently not available.

So, go to SDK Browser -> Options and disable Use Editor2 checkbox to run standard editor tool for your project and make plugins available.

Also, we've added the issue with launch_editor script to our internal bug tracker.