How to create photo-realistic wood floor in Unigine 1.0

photo

How to achieve the realistic looking wood as shown in pbr interior sample (Unigine 2.3.1) in Unigine 1.0.

how to add Fine details like surface imperfections, dust sctraches etc.

Detail materials dont seem to give full control for achieving realistic wood material in version 1.wood_material_sample.jpg0

In therory you should be able to achieve similar result with specular workflow as with PBR. But it will be harder and you cant benefit from energy conservation. How? You must perfectly know how to create textures (substance designer for example). If you want to have dust, scratches, etc.. you must carefully prepare diffuse texture and normal map. Anyway I strongly recommend to upgrade to 2.0, it makes your life MUCH easier and it will increase productivity of your artists (lower costs). For example we are able to achieve far better results with same effort.

Upgrade to UNIGINE 2 is strongly recommended to achieve better-looking materials.

Thnx for the reply, As of now our management has decided to continue working in Unigine 1.0.I have to make some sample scenes in 1.0 and convince my company to upgrade to higher versions if they see any productive work in terms of realistic looking scenes we will purchase 2.3.1, So i am finding it tough with making materials.

In therory you should be able to achieve similar result with specular workflow as with PBR. But it will be harder and you cant benefit from energy conservation. How? You must perfectly know how to create textures (substance designer for example). If you want to have dust, scratches, etc.. you must carefully prepare diffuse texture and normal map. Anyway I strongly recommend to upgrade to 2.0, it makes your life MUCH easier and it will increase productivity of your artists (lower costs). For example we are able to achieve far better results with same effort.

Thnx for the reply, As of now our management has decided to continue working in Unigine 1.0.I have to make some sample scenes in 1.0 and convince my company to upgrade to higher versions if they see any productive work in terms of realistic looking scenes we will purchase 2.3.1, So i am finding it tough with making materials. But by seeing the above snapshot would you agree with me that this can be improved further within the tools of Unigine 1.0 itself in terms of look and feel, I always struggle with maintaining the balance between my materials and lighting they just dont compliment with each other.

You have access to evaluation kit of UNIGINE 2, so you can make a convincing demo for your management with it.

Yes thats what we are doing right now. Thnx for the reply