Node rename when cancelling changes

photo

If you open any reference node and cancel changes, node is automatically renamed to lowercase. For example Forge_Barrelbf_Water.node  to forge_barrelbf_water.node. I dont understand why it is writing to file in case of canceling changes. After some time is making mess in asset library, because dialogs are case sensitive, so you are surprised, where are my assets, it was there yesterday....well, it is at he bottom of the list.

edit: I probably know the cause. When editing node, it creates .backup node whole in lower case and in case of canceling changes it is reverting to it.

Btw, opening of simple node with one mesh takes 2-3 seconds, saving/canceling also, this is very slow (in scene with lots of nodes, small scene is fast). It shouldnt take that much time.

Hi,

If you open any reference node and cancel changes, node is automatically renamed to lowercase. For example Forge_Barrelbf_Water.node to forge_barrelbf_water.node. I dont understand why it is writing to file in case of canceling changes. After some time is making mess in asset library, because dialogs are case sensitive, so you are surprised, where are my assets, it was there yesterday....well, it is at he bottom of the list.

edit: I probably know the cause. When editing node, it creates .backup node whole in lower case and in case of canceling changes it is reverting to it.

There is known issue under Windows platform that all files use lowercase while saving. So when you canceling changes, your source node with mixed-case, replaced by backup-node which name contains only lower-case.

Btw, opening of simple node with one mesh takes 2-3 seconds, saving/canceling also, this is very slow (in scene with lots of nodes, small scene is fast). It shouldnt take that much time.

I've used ~4500 nodes from different sources and can't reproduce your issue: opening/saving taking less then 1 sec. Can you describe your scene in details or give us sample of the node?

I've used ~4500 nodes from different sources and can't reproduce your issue: opening/saving taking less then 1 sec. Can you describe your scene in details or give us sample of the node?

Any node I pick. Even the most simple ones (node with one mesh). I think problem is in the scene, it is too heavy. My scene contains several layer nodes and world layer nodes with tens of thousands instances of objects. My guess is, that I have 40000 instances of objects in the scene (without clutters). On the other side recently I moved all big layer nodes into world layer nodes and this behaviour didnt improve (I was expecting this will help a lot). I will do some detailed investigation and write some report, there is more observations related to performance and loading times, I just need some time to identify cause, what is problematic and do some measuring.

There is known issue under Windows platform that all files use lowercase while saving. So when you canceling changes, your source node with mixed-case, replaced by backup-node which name contains only lower-case.

Can be fixed, or it is problem of windows? In the worst case i can migrate all nodes to lower case and it will not bother again.

Can be fixed, or it is problem of windows? In the worst case i can migrate all nodes to lower case and it will not bother again.

This is engine problem, fix will be available in next SDK update.