Real-Time Material/Mesh Swap

photo

Hi there,

I'm wondering if there are any internal Unigine projects, or a scripting example that shows how you can enable real-time material or mesh swapping for an ArchViz scene, allowing users to change fabrics or pieces of furniture at runtime?

Thanks!

Hi, Andre!

I have written a small C++ sample for you, which shows how to "switch" one node to another node.

You can find in the attachment 3 files: 

• AppWorldLogic.h
  • AppWorldLogic.cpp
  • unigine.cpp

When you create new C++ project (like in this tutorial), you have these files in your project folder:

• AppWorldLogic.h and AppWorldLogic.cpp are in the into the your_project_folder/source folder
  • unigine.cpp is in the your_project_folder/data/project_name/ folder

You can simply replace these files (or write the same instructions from scratch). After building the application, you can launch it and click on the material_ball node and it will be switched to a box primitive.

The essential thing of the project is located into update() method where we check the mouse button click and perform a raycasting to find intersected objects.

Don't hesitate to ask any questions!

Regards

unigine.cpp

AppWorldLogic.cpp

AppWorldLogic.h

Thank you so much! I will get it implemented over the next day or two and let you know how I made out.

Thanks a million!

Hi, Andre!

How the things are going? Any updates?

I've slightly improved the sample above: from now on LMB click changes material on the left box, albedo_color parameter on the right box.

Here are two files in the attachment, 

• AppWorldLogic.h
  • AppWorldLogic.cpp

unigine.cpp can be used from the previous answer.

Pay attention to the update() method, where the logic is implemented.

Regards,
Andrey

AppWorldLogic.cpp

AppWorldLogic.h

Thanks Andrey, I was actually delayed solving some other issues I've been having. I will test this implementation tomorrow and let you the moment I'm done. Thanks again!