[SOLVED] Allow AmbientSource pitch values outside current .1 ~ 10 range

photo

I have situations where I would like to play an AmbientSource sound source at sample rates that vastly differ from the original sample rate of the waveform. Unfortunately, AmbientSource::setPitch is clamping the sample rate in the .1 ~ 10 range. I would like to see this restriction removed, including the ability to pass in negative values to play the sample in reverse.

Hi Andrey.

In our case, the clamping above .1f is more of a frustration than the clamping below 10.f. We would like to set the sample rate of the original waveform anywhere between 0% and 100% of its original rate but are currently prevented from doing so in the 0~10% range.

And yes, we would like to be able to play a sound sample in reverse at a certain speed. We have a sound that we would like to be able to play both forwards and backwards at different times. Currently this requires a separate waveform / separate AmbientSource for the forward and backward playback. It would be convenient and less expensive to be able to do this with a single waveform file and AmbientSource.

• silent changed the title to [SOLVED] Allow AmbientSource pitch values outside current .1 ~ 10 range