How to start appvive in our environment?

photo

We have two modules: module A is a DLL, which encapsulates unigine api calls; module B is an MFC based EXE, by which we display our UI.

An Unigine::App interface is implemented in module A, which is actually implemented by MFC in module B.

The Unigine::Engine object is initialized with command line arguments that we fabricated in module A.

However, we had added "-extern_plugin appvive" to the arguments, but it won't work. why?

Is there some mistake in the implementation of the App interface?

Hi liu.yan,

Engine supports only single custom loaded App plugin. If you already have custom App for main application (for example, Qt App) you will not be able to load AppVive. You should merge Apps functionality into a single App or use default main_ application that can be used together with AppVive plugin.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Single custom loaded app won't be able to load appvive, does that means appvive need dual loaded app? 

So if I can use one app to simulate two apps, the appvive will load correctly, is that right?

If it is, how to do that? there is no demo which I can reference. Can you give me some hints on how to implement this special custom app?

Hi liu.yan,

You can check the source code insde <SDK>/source/app: here are the default apps. With main you can use App plugins, but with main_qt or main_sdl no.

The source code of AppVive is located inside <SDK>/source/plugins/App/AppVive.

If you are using your application main app different from main you should modify that custom app and copy-paste Vive functionality into it. In that case you will have your custom app with required functionaluty and working HTC Vive device.

Unfortunately, there is no sources of AppVive available for the Evaluation kit available, so you can't merge two apps into single one out of the box. 

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: