unigine editor and unigine browser

photo

As I realised today working outside from the comfort of my studio in situ, none of the changes in editor and the browser make any sense at all... in fact i found that these new approaches with those make unigine counterproductive especially if working on site of a project. 

First the distinction between editor and the game ready world makes as jump back n forth between to different versions of the world,even for the sligthest of change that we might want to try a world.... to complicate things even further important elements like the AppProjection plugin (which i am using) are NOT supported by the editor, so you understand the mess when i was trying to change something on a curved (like really curved) surface that i had already spent two hours corner correcting... the slightest change on something lets say a diff material to see how it works with the projection and it could not be done in editor but hardcoded into the script.... this is not productive at all.... and it was impossible to revert back to unigine 1 since the proj is using the kinect plugin.....

the other thing is when trying to work on a site when the internet is not good and the editor keep asking for a license and producing errors.... but this is easily fixed, just kind of counterproductive once again, by going to offline mode.... 

i found working on site with Unigine 2 today that i was surprised to had to deal with these fundamental issues like the appProjection not loading on editor mode, and not being able from the game environment to actually call the editor and make simple changes in my world..... and when i had to do that i would try to find where the cursor is lying on a huge projection area;...... not to mention the fact that the editor is not going fullscreen but has a border..... so impossible to actually JUST work with the editor.... i don t know, just do not see how this can help us being productive especially on site......

thank you....

Marinos, thank you for your feedback.

Most of the issues are known and some of them are already resolved in the development branch, others will be noted as well.

Unfortunately major improvements in the toolset required for a long time also causing a lot of changes and bugs in the meantime - our tools team is working hard to make the customer experience smooth as soon as possible, sorry for the inconvenience caused at the moment.

i know people have been saying this... and i do know you are listening to us....:D i just thought it is useful to hear from one more person, cause until ones comes across issues can t tell whether something is working or not....

in any case i do have in mind that you are on top of things.... just in the process we all wanna make sure that things that work really well with this engine, remain as such..... ;)