Sound Input in Unigine

photo

I need to have a real-time sound input in Unigine, for an audio-reactive environment I am designing. The Sound is then to be stored in textures, and used as custom material. What is the way of getting real time sound in Unigine, instead of the Sound source? A way to stream sound as it comes into the environment, there is no room for any type of lags though.

an answer here would be appreciated... like an indication on which source code to alter, since you ve got streaming it shouldn t be that difficult to get live input streaming in.... :D

Thanks....

I am in a similar situation where we need to synthesize the audio in real-time instead of playing from pre-recorded samples. We chose not to modify the Unigine audio source code and instead are are using our own custom Windows DLL. The Unigine application communicates to the DLL things like listener position, audio source position, volume, etc, and the DLL is what actually plays the audio. Maybe this approach will work for you.

• Like 1

thank you very much, i was actually going down the route of using a simple library like portaudio to import the streams, but i thought that since unigine is doing that already with their streaming sound it sounded faster, modifying their existing code.... i am working a LOT with custom dlls, but up to a point you kind of get confused with which dlls you have in a project etc, and thought of incorporating stuff per project in the code..... plus it gives a more stable approach with the changes in compilers etc, where you need to go back for newer versions and recompile the dll, IF you can find it that is..... (i am pretty messy)..... but anyway thanks is great to know that someone is doing that, i will def try the dll approach first, cause yes is usually a faster.... another question if you don t mind, which library did you chose to import for sound......???? if you are using one of the libraries out there that is....:D

another question if you don t mind, which library did you chose to import for sound......???? if you are using one of the libraries out there that is.... :D

FMOD lies at the core of our sound playback.

• Like 1