turn motion blur on

photo

hi:

I found it's difficult to turn motion blur on.

motion blur works if i turn render_motion_blur_quality 0. if i turn to high quality motion blur will not show(render_motion_blur_quality 1).

is there anything else i need to do?

thanks

also how use the video grabber to capture images with motion blur. I tried but the captured image don't have any motion blur effects

Hi Cinetec,

Motion blur is working when render_motion_blur variable is set to 1. You can use render_motion_blur_quality to adjust quality of this effect. With quality set to low (0) it will be inaccurate, but more performance friendly. High quality motion blur (1) is also working as expected and provide more accurate results with larger performance hit.

Also, I can't reproduce that motion blur effect is not grabbed on screenshots from Video Grabber (please, check attached images). I've increased the speed of tracker playback in samples/tracker/nodes_00 to get strong motion blur effect.

Thanks!

frame_0017.jpg

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

hi Silent: Which version are you using? i tried evaulate 2.2.1-2. i couldn't get any motion blur from grabber when i use render_motion_blur_quality 1. 

of course i turned on motion blur

when i turn motion blur quality 0 i can see motion blur effect from editor but not in grabber.

when i turn motion blur quality 1 , i can't see motion blur both

post-1447-0-19071000-1468474695_thumb.jpg

Hi Cinetec,

I've checked 2.3-beta release. It seems that there is a bug in 2.2.1 SDK version with VideoGrabber tool.

However, there is clear difference between no motion blur and high quality motion blur:

post-676-0-34900000-1468479870.jpg

Please, keep in mind that tracker playback is speed up by ten times on this screenshots.

Please, sorry for the inconvenience caused.

motion_blur.jpg

---

hi slient:

i checked the code. i couldn't believe you could capture motion blur effect with this code

aux_viewport->setSkipFlags(skip_flags | VIEWPORT_SKIP_VELOCITY_BUFFER | VIEWPORT_SKIP_VISUALIZER)

Hi Cinetec,

aux_viewport->setSkipFlags(skip_flags | VIEWPORT_SKIP_VELOCITY_BUFFER | VIEWPORT_SKIP_VISUALIZER)

This code is for engine.render.renderImage2D() method. VideoGrabber is using fully functional Viewport class to render the picture.

All the logic for VideoGrabber tool you can find in data\editor\editor_video_grabber.h. You can try to remove VIEWPORT_SKIP_VELOCITY_BUFFER from the code, but you will not be able to capture single frame without a warmup (because TAA will require at least 2 frames old and new in Velocity Buffer to work). Optimally is to render up to 30 frames to get good-looking anti-aliasing. If you capturing the tracker sequence you can try to increase number of warmup frames as well.

We also will try to improve this feature in the future releases to provide a solution for capturing single frame with velocity buffer enabled.

Thanks!

---