Creating C# application in Linux

photo

Hi,

I'm trying to get started with this guide to create a C# application: https://developer.unigine.com/en/docs/2.2.1/code/csharp/application
I have installed Mono the way that is recommended in the guide, and it works. 

But when I try to create a new project in UNIGINE SDK Browser, I can only choose between the APIs C++ (GNU Make), C++ (QMake) and UnigineScript only.

What do I miss or do wrong?

Thanks!

post-594-0-50220600-1467972093_thumb.png

Hi Christian,

We are deeply sorry for misleading you, but C# API is not supported anymore on Linux and Mac OS X platforms. We plan to return in little bit later (can't give you any ETA right now, sorry).

Documentation will be updated ASAP.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Thanks for the response.

If I make a game in Windows with C#, is it possible to play the game in Linux?

Hi Christian

If few words - no. Your game written in C# language will not work currently on Linux.

Unigine C# API contains two parts: UnigineWrapper (platform-depended) and UnigineSharp (should be used Windows version) libraries. On Windows they have *.dll extensions. On Linux UnigineWrapper should be rebuild with native Linux compiler (for example, GCC) and should have *.so extension.

Theoretically you can rebuild UnigineWrapper on Linux manually, but you should have at least access to the engine source files (which are not included into Evaluation kit).

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: