[SOLVED] AppOculus failing to initialize in 2.2.1

photo

10:05:54 
10:05:54 ---- Plugins ----

10:05:54 Loading "AppOculus_x64.dll"...

10:05:54 AppOculus::AppOculus(): ovr_Initialize(): failed

With the new update, our AppOculus has stopped loading, whereas before the update it was working with DK2.  With the update, I removed the 0.8 runtime, etc, as directed by the Oculus Rift CV1 installation process.  Demo apps work with Unigine.  However, loading the unigine dll along with the appoculus dll doesn't seem to work now.

post-1925-0-94750800-1460132498_thumb.jpg

Some more information.  The error message is -3001 defined in the OVR_ErrorCode.h file.

ovrError_LibLoad                    = -3001,   ///< Couldn't load LibOVRRT.

Ok, I figured it out. I had to load explicitly the LibOVRRT64_1.dll found in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime folder in our custom application.  I didn't know that dll existed.  And I don't know if this is the proper way to fix this.

Hi,

This is looks like that you don't have path to Oculus system libraries in your environment variables, please make sure that you have string "C:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime" in PATH variable.

You can see your PATH variable by opening command line, and printing "echo %PATH%" without quotes.

If demo projects works fine, make sure that in your project you will not make any changes in PATH variable.

Thanks!

Hi,

This is looks like that you don't have path to Oculus system libraries in your environment variables, please make sure that you have string "C:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime" in PATH variable.

You can see your PATH variable by opening command line, and printing "echo %PATH%" without quotes.

If demo projects works fine, make sure that in your project you will not make any changes in PATH variable.

Thanks!

This was the problem.  Our application does override the existing path variable (Oculus did put it in my path variable), but our application path obviously needs to have it in the path as well.

So, by fixing my path, I don't need to explicitly load that dll.

Thanks!!

• 7 months later...

Hi,

I'm having a similar issue. Getting an error: "AppOculus::AppOculus(): ovr_Initialize(): failed"

I've added the variable: PATH and value: C:Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime

I navigated to the directory above, so it's definitely there.

I get the error when using the 'Options' menu in the browser and selecting Oculus Rift from the Stereo 3D drop-down then running any of the downloaded demos. 

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Thanks!