[SOLVED] How to create a non-linear spring of a dynamics model?

photo

Hello everyone!

I wanna create a nonlinear dynamics model which will be used to a vehicle collision scenario. In this model, the spring will play a nonlinear force-element role. For instance, we may use a piecewise function (as shown in Fig. 1) to represent the spring stiffness or use the force-displacement curve to represent the characteristic of a nonlinear spring.

post-2114-0-92489300-1459757060_thumb.jpg

Fig.1  nonlinear spring-dumper model

I can implement this nonlinear model in other programming language like C++, Matlab. But, in Unigine, I don't how to integrate this nonlinear model into the Unigine system. At certain stages of the car crash, I would like to use my nonlinear model , and other phases using the Unigine algorithm. 

Thanks for you reply.

I think that non-linear springs are not supported and the physics engine does not provide any extension point for customization (except direct engine source code modifications)

Ulf is right, at the moment such feature requires access to the full source code of the engine.

I think that non-linear springs are not supported and the physics engine does not provide any extension point for customization (except direct engine source code modifications)

thank you!