[SOLVED] Blendshapes on Model with more then one surface

photo

I have a model with several surfaces.

I do not split them in MAYA, but only assign a different material, which creates different surfaces according the materials.

So far so good.

When exporting blendshapes for this model, the tangents on the material seams do behave different.

While they seem to be fine in the 0 target, all other targets show different tangents.

Can I avoid that? (Need more than 7/Surface yeah!)

Everything is fine in Maya, but after export it is like that. Tried already some things, nothing worked out.

thx. Werner

post-767-0-36950400-1454687643_thumb.jpg

Uploaded Final_XLaevis.zip and XLaevis_M_BS_AN_05022016_001_BS_MATSPLIT.fbx as well GEO_frog_bodyAndSkin.mesh.

Fbx: is an exported file from that scene. 

mesh: the created mesh file 

Maya 2016: for recreating and looking at the model.

Export the FrogRigMaster:Frog_ROOTSHJnt hirarchy and FrogRigMaster:GEO_frog_bodyAndSkin model. (you can delete the namespaces if it causes troubles before exporting).

thx. werner

Hey.

We have worked on with that and the issue gets even worse.

It is very obvious when having a reflection on the surface.

We use 2 blendshapes in a rhytmic manner (breathing and heartbeat). As the issue does effect the whole body, it looks really weird as the reflection change.

So in the end we cannot use more than 7 BS now (in total), which is definitely annoying.

Can you fix that issue of the split surfaces, or is there a change to get a different BS system, to use more than 7/surface?

I have Uploaded a video (editor_x64 2016-02-10 11-21-35-39.avi) to look at the 'effect'. 

The change of the surface reflection is not a matter of the blendshape itself, but the issue, very visible e.g. on the legs.

Thanks.
Werner

Hi Werner,

So in the end we cannot use more than 7 BS now (in total), which is definitely annoying.

Can you fix that issue of the split surfaces, or is there a change to get a different BS system, to use more than 7/surface?

We will increase morph targets limits, but not in 2.2 update, sorry. Before 2.2 update we will try to find out the reason of tangent space changes on import.

I have Uploaded a video (editor_x64 2016-02-10 11-21-35-39.avi) to look at the 'effect'. 

The change of the surface reflection is not a matter of the blendshape itself, but the issue, very visible e.g. on the legs.

Not sure that I understand completely what is going on in that video. Could you please give us more details? Is that somehow related to incorrect tangents orientation?

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Hey.

In the video you see the reflection on the frog moving in a very vivid way.

The reflection should not do that. It should just be a reflection.

We have 2 blendshapes, which are used locally on the head and belly. There shouldnt be any change on other parts of the model, e.g. the legs.

This, just to show you the result, how the Blendshapes differ from the target 0 in terms of tangents.

So if target 0 has the correct normals (tangents), the blendshapes have different tangents even on vertices, which have not  been touched in Maya.

These 'effects' has increased, when splitting the mesh (as I described with materials) and is very visible as seen in that video.

b.w.