Global illumination in Unigine 2.1

photo

In Unigine 2.1 the Atmospheric scattering was refactored (and it looks awesome)

But in our product, we have spherical planets. So we can't use the default atmospheric scattering. We have a custom implementation of this feature. However we would like to use an environment texture or at least a global ambient light to prevent shadows from being just plain black.

In previous versions of Unigine we simply set

<render_scattering>0</render_scattering>

But now, with the new system, in order to deactivate the atmospheric scattering, we have to deactivate environment texture at the same time !

<render_environment>0</render_environment>

On the long run, we will probably implement a custom global illumination. But for now I can't find a way to have a basic global illumination without the features of your new scattering that does not work for a spherical planet.

Any idea on how we can achieve such a feature ?

Ok, you can place to your world object sky with black texture. It will be the same result as <render_scattering>0</render_scattering>

We will add more convenient functionality to the next release.

NB : I also had to set  a white texture for sun color since I can't rely on the native feature to get the sun color.

<environment_preset_0_scattering_light_color_lut_texture_name>core/textures/common/white.dds</environment_preset_0_scattering_light_color_lut_texture_name> 
<environment_preset_0_texture_color>1 1 1 1</environment_preset_0_texture_color>