[SOLVED] Cannot seem to get access to an ObjectMeshSkinned node instance.

photo

Code:

void Vehicle::setMeshSkinned( const Variable& v )

{

ObjectMeshSkinnedPtr m = VariableToType<ObjectMeshSkinnedPtr>( Interpreter::get(), v ).value;

}

I get compile-time errors:

… unigine\sim_windows_2.0_src\include\UnigineInterpreter.h(1450): error C2440: 'type cast' : cannot convert from 'void *' to 'Unigine::ObjectMeshSkinnedPtr'

1> No constructor could take the source type, or constructor overload resolution was ambiguous

… unigine\sim_windows_2.0_src\include\UnigineInterpreter.h(1450) : while compiling class template member function 'Unigine::VariableToType<Unigine::ObjectMeshSkinnedPtr>::VariableToType(void *,const Unigine::Variable &)'

… Vehicle.cpp(90) : see reference to function template instantiation 'Unigine::VariableToType<Unigine::ObjectMeshSkinnedPtr>::VariableToType(void *,const Unigine::Variable &)' being compiled

… Vehicle.cpp(90) : see reference to class template instantiation 'Unigine::VariableToType<Unigine::ObjectMeshSkinnedPtr>' being compiled

If instead I try:

void Vehicle::setMeshSkinned( ObjectMeshSkinnedPtr mesh )

{

}

Then it fails to compile this when registering the method:

my_vehicleClass->addFunction( "setMeshSkinned", &SoapProxyVehicle::setMeshSkinned );

I have also tried passing in a NodePtr instead, and trying to cast it to an ObjectMeshSkinnnedPtr but I can't see a legal method for doing that.

Is there a better way to get access to the ObjectMeshSkinned?

Hi Ed,

Use the following code:

using namespace Unigine;
void ClassName::setMeshSkinned(Variable &o)
{
	ObjectMeshSkinnedPtr m = ObjectMeshSkinned::create(o.getObject(Unigine::Engine::get()->getEditorInterpreter()));
}