Get/Assign Material button for Material

photo

Imo it would make sense to put a 'Get Material from selected object' Button in the Material section.

It is not very pleasing, that the material selection always jumps to the assigned material, when selecting an object.

(if no material is assigned it chooses the default one).

At the moment, if I want to assign materials to objects, I select the object, then the material and use the 'Assign Material' Button.

Often I want to select the material first, then the object I want to assign it to.

or, if I want to assign the same material to objects which I have not selected before, it is more convenient, that the selection in the Material stays the same, otherwise I need to select the object, select the material and then assign it.

The idea of showing the Material of the selected object is nice, when checking objects, so if we want to keep that option, you could provide a checkbox, which enables that option.

b.w.

Additionally a 'Select objects by Material' would also be nice, which selects all objects with the selected material. (pretty old school 3dsmax feature)

Hi Werner,

Exactly right now we are working on the Editor UI/UX improvements, thank you for the feedback - it’s useful. Even though we can’t guarantee that it will be implemented exactly how you proposed, but your ideas will be definitely considered.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: