Stability with JointSuspension

Hi,

In Unigine script, I'm tring to create a vehicle with 4 wheels using 4 JointSuspension, but I enconter a problem : I encounter a lot of jittering, the vehicle doesn't stop to bounce on the ground. For information, my vehicle has a mass of 1000 and each wheel (a sphere shape) has a mass of 20, (ratio of mass_vehicle / mass_wheel = 500). 

I've tested also in your car_00.cpp physics demo, I've noticed that the body of the car has a mass of 64 and the wheels a mass of 33.5 each (ratio of almost 2). When I reduce the mass of the wheels (3.3 for example) for a ratio of almost 20, it begin to bounce.

How can I have more stability with JointSuspension ? 

Philippe

Hi binstream,

it is quite surprising that real physical parameters doesn't work with joints in a simulation engine. Since we can't have car's body of 1000kg with wheels of 500kg each, does it means that this link is useless for simulation ?

Regards

We never market UNIGINE physics as being physically accurate - it is OK for a lot of visual effects (collision detection, gravity), but not for accurate physics simulation.

If you are building a flight simulator, it is a standard approach to use specialized flight model (special physics engine) for that.

As mentioned in my previous post, we currently manage cars not planes. We don't need spatial agency accuracy, but simply realistic behaviors with realistic parameters.

https://developer.unigine.com/en/docs/1.0/principles/physics/

"Unigine real-time physics integrates collision detection, fracturing, buoyancy, joints and external physical forces to realistically simulate objects and complex interactions between them."

Regards.