[SOLVED] One app with two Unigine windows

photo

I have an Unigine app where AppPanorama plugin is used. 180 degree FOV is generated by AppPanorama plugin and feed to one large screen. In addition to that, I want to define a new camera that has a different point of view and I want to feed it to another monitor.

That is to say, I need a new Unigine window showing output of the new camera in addition to the window that shows the AppPanorama output, and I want to do this in a single application. 

The configuration that I seek is;

• single application
  • single pc (no syncker)
  • two displays: 1 large screen, 1 monitor
  • 2 Unigine windows: first window will displays AppPanorama output on large screen, second window displays an arbitrary camera output on the additional monitor.

Can you please state your technical suggestions on how to implement the above configuration?

By the way, I investigate the ViewportQt sample. I can implement the above configuration using this sample, however no need to use Qt if I could do it in Unigine, right? Also, ViewportQt sample uses render->renderImage2D() function and this is GPU consuming I guess.

Regards.

Hi There, Burak!

Take a look at <SDK root>/source/plugins/App/AppSeparate as it contains multiple windows. The idea is to combine two window creation code from that plugin and panorama rendering from AppPanorama.

Thanks for the reply.

However, in the documentation of AppSeparate plugin (https://developer.unigine.com/en/docs/1.0/principles/render/stereo/appseparate/) it states

It is not possible to use the AppSeparate plugin with:

Shortiy, it states that AppPanorama plugin and AppSeparate plugins can not be worked together. Am I missing something?

Burak,

They won't work with each other, that's true. But what I suggested you to do is to mix code from these two plugins and write another one which will have advantages of that plugins.