Physics "eat" FPS

photo

We have some problem with physics module, see screenshot:

post-151-0-78968800-1297685404_thumb.jpg

post-151-0-52456300-1297685426_thumb.jpg

On the first screenshot you can see scene samples/shapes/box_00 on start - profiler shows smooth lines.

On the second screenshot profiler shows jagged curve - this screenshot was made when the boxes stood still (was frozen). But physical part of unigine continues to use CPU.

This behavior always appears on my computer (I restart computer, open unigine with ambient_d3d9.bat, then open box00 sapmle).

I have:

CPU: Intel Core i3 CPU 3.2 GHz

RAM: 2 Gb

VideoCard: NVIDIA GeForce GT 240 1Gb

It seems like when some physical bodies "live" ever when they was frozen. In profiler we see some parameter - PSimulation, that takes much extra time (see screenshot). This time are increasing while game is run, and take up to 500 ms! What exactly do PSimulation part of engine?

post-151-0-32446900-1297945076_thumb.jpg

This behavior appears on all office computers (5 systems with similar configuration) and on home computers too.

Even if they were frozen (i.e. their linear and angular velocities = 0), they still need to be checked every physics tick if they have collided with any object.

PSimulation is the time of physics update. See Principles of Operation -> Physics -> Simulation of Physics and Programming -> Execution Sequence. Global physics settings (FPS, iteratioins, frozen velocities) are found here: Tools -> Unigine Editor -> Physics Settings.

As for jaggedness, you can try disabling multi-threading (physics_num_threads console command), that might help.