Landscape Plugin Help: Automatic importing of Node masks

photo

I am having trouble getting Node masks to import properly when using the landscape plugin and was hoping someone might be able to help.

The issue is that that I am not able to select an Import Mask and have the plugin automatically create individual masks for my landscape grid. I have not actually gotten the Import Mask field to do anything, and am able to import my reference nodes when leaving that field blank.

To work around this I am manually creating the mask file structure relative to the terrain path and placing the individual masks in each cell folder. After I do this I am able to set the Mask naming pattern in the Landscape plugin and the plugin will correctly import each mask. This does not seem like the correct way, is there a better way to do this?

-Terrence

• 3 weeks later...

That is ok, we have developed a work around for now. I have another question about the landscape plugin. I am unable to get the Flip Y checkbox to do anything when importing Nodes. Am I missing something? I always have to go and manually flip them for each clutter object in each terrain cell afterwards.

Thanks,

-Errence

Hi Terrence,

I'm afraid, flip Y  is an import option, so you need to flip your textures manually.

As a workaround, you can modify imagedds.py and flip all pack of textures at once.

Add the following at line 81 to add flip option:

elif a in ['-fx','-fy']:
        begin = i + 1
        command += a + ' '

Sorry for the inconvenience.