[SOLVED] Decals in C++ API?

photo

Hello,

Is there a way to use decals through the C++ API? The samples that use UnigineScript look perfect for my needs, but I need these to be loaded/generated dynamically.

A little more context: I'm building an interface specifically for real-time decaling. I'd like to be able to load a model (e.g. fbx), load an image/video texture, and then interactively place the texture on the mesh.

Thanks for your help!

Kevin

I see, thanks for the quick reply. Is there a preferred method for running UnigineScript code within a C++ application? Is this how the UnigineEditor works (i.e. calling UnigineScript code when C++ bindings are not available), and are there any performance issues with doing this?

Also, are there plans to expand the C++ API to include decals and other things that are only available through scripting? It seems like this would improve application performance so that the script doesn't need to be interpreted multiple times at runtime. Is this correct?

Hi Kevin,

Unigine Editor fully written on UnigineScript. Also, there is a method for calling UnigineScript functions from C++ application, please check this article: https://developer.unigine.com/en/docs/1.0/cpp_api/usage/callbacks

Also, are there plans to expand the C++ API to include decals and other things that are only available through scripting?

Sorry, I don't have such information right now. I will let you know when I will have an actual information from our devs.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: