[SOLVED] Define units for different resolutions

photo

Hi there

We extract from different satellites data the height model.

F.ex. a 50m resolution means that every pixel on a 1025x1025 picture corresponds to 50m. So the size of the patch is 51250m * 51250m and the height data is as well in meters. When I import this as a new terrain, I have to set the Terrain Size = 51250 and the Max Height = 65535, see the pictures as well. Otherwise, I get a missmatch in the units.

In other areas we have a 1km resolution and there is the 1025x1025 picture around 1'025'000m * 1'025'000m...

post-1137-0-02346400-1407313194_thumb.jpg  post-1137-0-24547500-1407313297_thumb.jpg

Is there a possibility to modify the units for lat/lon and height separately? I checked the Landscape plugin as well, and there I see the same problem with the units.

Thanks for

I think, I found a possible solution:

Change the Terrain Step size to the 50m and keep the Elevation value to 65535. The result is as shown below 4x4 tiles of 51250m * 51250m area each.

post-1137-0-47069100-1407319544_thumb.jpg

Is this a reasonable approach to get real world data? Next step would be to attach the satelite data as textures. Has Unigine any geo-referenced data in the models or something that could help?

Hi Paul,

Terrain Step size is exactly what you need and it is right approach.

Has Unigine any geo-referenced data in the models or something that could help?

If I understand you correctly, you want to check any real geospatial data usage inside Unigine? We have California demo, which is based on real geospatial data. You can download it here: https://developer.unigine.com/file-server/resource/151

Also, we are in the middle of Washington demo reconstruction, but we can't upload it to our fileserver until we finished work.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

• 2 months later...

Hi there

I followed the steps from Silent and Paul to create a landscape from geospatial data. So far it so good. I'm starting now to populate the world with vegetation examples. I managed to implement grass as ObjectGrass. Now, I'd like to place some trees as ObjectMeshClutter. But there I'm having some problems:

- In the nodes window, I can't access the Surfaces they are all greyed out. Please see the attached picture.

- Secondly, my grass object gets disabled everytime a click on the NodeDummy of the landscape.

Kind regards,

Renato

post-1459-0-29825100-1414492573_thumb.jpg

Hi Renato,

Please, check that your mesh is loaded to clutter correctly:

- check errors in log

- check the name of the mesh on MeshClutter tab

- try to add the mesh as a Mesh Static and check the surfaces

As for grass, please try check the textures of grass material.

Also, please, try to check Content creation -> Tutorials -> Adding Grass article in offline documentation.

Most of parameters for grass material and ObjectGrass object you can find there.

I'm afraid, for more specific advices we need the scene.