Selecting current ComboBox item

photo

There are several instances where it would be good to be able to reselect the already selected item in a combo box and have it generate an event.

I think that possibly it should not generate a changed event but it should generate a clicked event.

Hello,

Widget class is supported a lot of callback types not only GUI_CHANGED (GUI_ENTER,GUI_LEAVE,GUI_CLICKED,GUI_DOUBLE_CLICKED,and etc.), for more information, please, see the following documentation:

Programming/Unigine Library/GUI-Related Classes/Gui Class.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Widget class is supported a lot of callback types not only GUI_CHANGED (GUI_ENTER,GUI_LEAVE,GUI_CLICKED,GUI_DOUBLE_CLICKED,and etc.), for more information, please, see the following documentation:

Programming/Unigine Library/GUI-Related Classes/Gui Class.

Yes the problem I am having though is that combobox doesn't produce GUI_CLICKED event when the already selected item is clicked, same for GUI_PRESSED. GUI_DOUBLE_CLICKED generates an event but that does not produce the desired user integration.

My contention is that GUI_CHANGED should not be generated but GUI_CLICKED should be generated in this case.

Hello,

If you select combobox item using setCurrentItem method widget will produce only GUI_CHANGED event, if you clicked widget will produce both GUI_CHANGED and GUI_CLICKED.

• Like 1

Hello,

If you select combobox item using setCurrentItem method widget will produce only GUI_CHANGED event, if you clicked widget will produce both GUI_CHANGED and GUI_CLICKED.

But not if I select the option with the mouse that is already selected. Well this is partly true. I suspect that the click option is checking for the mouse being inside the area that the combo box takes up when not clicked before sending a clicked signal - It should do this for the area of the UI that is visible when the drop down list is visible.