[SOLVED] ObjectMesh

photo

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Igor!

I think that it wasn't necessary so we didn't add them. Are these functions will be useful to you? Could you give an example where these functions will be more useful than just bunch of setVertex calls?

Hi, I create a procedural mesh with more then 1000 vertices. Now I use ObjectMeshDynamic, but I do not need to modify the geometry at runtime. 

from your documentation: ◾ Intersections and collisions with dynamic meshes are slow (just like intersections and collisions with skinned meshes). 
So I want to use ObjectMesh.
Make this functionality please.
  • 7 months later...

But is there a way to build a mesh dynamically without the overhead of a dynamic mesh?  We're doing automatic geometry generation on demand and do not know exactly what that object will be.  We'd like to be able to build these things without saving them to disk to lose the overhead of a dynamic object.

Hey Joshua,

In 2.0 you're able to create Mesh class instance and set it to both ObjectMeshStatic and ObjectMeshDynamic. If you're using 1.0 then it's possible to create mesh via ObjectMeshDynamic then save it to file and load as ObjectMesh.