Lighting/shadows/materials

photo

Hello,

I have a few different questions on lighting, shadows, and materials.

1. I have 3 dynamic object meshes in a scene with lighting. I've tried enabling shadows [using setReceiveShadow() and setCastShadow()], but shadows refuse to appear. Is there something else I need to implement in C++ for the shadows to work? Or do shadows not work with dynamic object meshes? I've tried using spot lights and world lights.

2. Are world lights essentially ambient light?

3. How can I set materials (on a dynamic object mesh) to emit light? I tried editing the "emission_color" parameter of the "mesh_base" material, but I haven't been able to get emissive materials yet.

4. On a spot light, setRadius() takes in a float. Do lights support double precision? Will they accurately illuminate objects at very long distances away?

5. Is there a list of the sample (pre-included) materials and properties for objects anywhere? I've simply been using "mesh_base" and "surface_base" so far, as these are used in the examples.

I apologize for all of the questions, but I'm brand new to Unigine and would love to learn how to use it more effectively.

Thanks!

Also, I posted this under C++ API instead of Graphics, as I'm working entirely with the C++ API and would like to find solutions to these questions without having to resort to the Unigine editor or UnigineScript. Thanks!