some general remarks and questions

photo

Hi All,

First of all, I'd like to congratulate the Unigine team for building such a great engine. Its really comparable to CryEngine and UnrealEngine 3.

We've been evaluating Unigine for a week now and I have some general remarks and questions:

1. Is there some additional documentation available with the full version of Unigine? The documentation in the evaluation kit is quite comprehensive for Tools and general "concepts" but very limited when it comes to practical hands-on examples and tutorials for UnigineScript as well as the C++ API. While it is possible to learn from the API reference, some good tutorials would save a lot of time for beginners, and saving time is usually the whole point of buying a ready-made engine.

2. Is there some way to create a custom proof-of-concept application with Unigine Evaluation Kit? For me to get approval for the budgets, I need to show a simple proof-of-concept application. Linking with Unigine dll would be ok. Where can I find some documentation or example code for basic things such as opening a DX window, initializing engine environment etc. and being able to load and display a world file.

Thanks and have a nice week-end!

/regards

First of all, I'd like to congratulate the Unigine team for building such a great engine. Its really comparable to CryEngine and UnrealEngine 3.

Thank you!

1. Is there some additional documentation available with the full version of Unigine? The documentation in the evaluation kit is quite comprehensive for Tools and general "concepts" but very limited when it comes to practical hands-on examples and tutorials for UnigineScript as well as the C++ API. While it is possible to learn from the API reference, some good tutorials would save a lot of time for beginners, and saving time is usually the whole point of buying a ready-made engine.

There is a set of additional application samples (including a lot of C++ API examples) in the full version of the SDK.

2. Is there some way to create a custom proof-of-concept application with Unigine Evaluation Kit? For me to get approval for the budgets, I need to show a simple proof-of-concept application. Linking with Unigine dll would be ok. Where can I find some documentation or example code for basic things such as opening a DX window, initializing engine environment etc. and being able to load and display a world file.

Contact me directly via binstream@unigine.com, we'll provide you limited access to C++ API under NDA.