Some questions about the engine capabilities.

photo

Hi,

I just got hand of the sdk (we are evaluating), and I have some questions that I think that I will find the answers here a bit faster than trying it myself.

Just so you know I have almost no knowledge about making games. And as this is mainly a game engine, I don't know if the engine supports what we are trying to achieve.

Can I create or edit an model at run-time or can I only load existing models from third-party vendors?

I tried the editor a bit (tested some samples) and was able to scale, rotate and position a model while in the editor. My question is referring to making changes in real-time, when the world is already loaded and all. We would like to create models on the fly, we would like to create any geometrical shape we wanted.

Our goal is to create an application that is a bit like SketchUp. We would draw a rectangle on the ground, pull/push and get a box and so on. Using the same mechanics of SketchUp, but with all the virtual word creation power that the engine provides (lightning, weather, animation, some physics, etc..).

Thanks guys,

Filipe

Yes you can definitely create and edit a model or other geometry at runtime.

We use dynamic meshes (https://developer.unigine.com/en/docs/1.0/objects/objects/dynamic_mesh/) extensively, including for surface/volume drawing and editing tools etc.

Remember that the editor itself is created with unigine script so there is no reason you can't achieve the same type of functionality in your own application.