Preferred way of combining Syncker and AppProjection (slaves have identical image)

photo

I have an issue when I am using both AppProjection* and Syncker. If I set the grid with master_grid and assign each slave a position with slave_view Syncker does calculate a correct frustum using getWallProjection.

However, it inconveniently gets immediately overwritten by Wall::render () in scripts/system/wall.h for position 0,0 in a grid of 1x1.

If I disable by Wall::render() (for instance by immediately returning) everything works ok and I have the correct image and keep warp ability.

But that solution smells.. What is the preferred/normal way to use both Syncker and AppProjection (or AppWall for that matter)?

Note that I have at the moment single screen slaves, but a setup with slaves having multiple screens seems obvious as well. Ideally syncker should send what to display, and AppProjection/AppWall should carve it up.

Is something like that possible, or do we need to do that ourselves?

*) actually a non-Unigine::App derived class with exact identical (copied) functionality in a GLAppQt derived application

Hello,

It depends on what you want to achieve.

If you want to use Multi-monitor on some slaves and get different parts of master's picture on each, you can set projection matrix for each slave directly.
It helps to avoid problems with grid.

We'll give you more specific information if you can describe more precisely what you want to get on every slave.

Well, at the moment I have a setup (360 degree curved projection screen using 6 beamers) where each slave has 1 (warped) display. This does not work correctly without altering scripts/system/wall.h

I am wondering if there is a better way which does not involve altering unigine files.

Equally, in the general case of N slaves having possibly >1 warped displays, is there a best/preferred way of handling this without altering unigine files or setting it up by hand.

Or, in other words, AppProjection and Syncker do not seem to integrate out of the box at the moment (without custom legwork to integrate & set up), unless I am missing something?

Note that I do not want different parts of master picture, as making master picture 360 degree does not make sense.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Esger. :)

If I disable by Wall::render() (for instance by immediately returning) everything works ok and I have the correct image and keep warp ability.

But that solution smells.. What is the preferred/normal way to use both Syncker and AppProjection (or AppWall for that matter)?

Have you tried to modify your system script and remove wallInit/wallShutdown/wallRender functions? I think that might be the solution in your case.

• 3 weeks later...

yes, that would be a better place to disable wall rendering. But I have been working on this last week for a few hours and I seem to recall that had its issues as well..

In any case, what we need is not possible with a simple edit such as that. We need rotated 1x1 projections for instance. So I've enabled the wall fov & angle settings for 1x1 and use that to set slave matrices, and not have syncker calculate them.